Please visit our new community...

Bug Shows must have subfolder

• Created:over 4 years ago
  • Modified:over 4 years ago by ebr
no supporters

I have two mini-series that i want to put in. They are band of brothers and planet earth. However, MediaBrowser makes it so that i have to put them in subfolders saying “season 1”

votes newest oldest

This is by design – every season has to be in a season folder (even if there’s only one season). This way MB can detect the show as a TV series opposed to a movie.

Put them in a season folder and enable auto enter single items (or something) in the menu, so each time you enter say planet earth it goes straight to the episode listing.

I have Band of Brothers in my TV area with no season folder. Seems to work fine.

I use media center master to create a series.xml file for each tv series I have. Then MB will always grab the correct show data.

I only have a couple shows with season XX folders. Most of my TV series are in one folder (only if there is one season in the folder).

Marking as invalid. All you need is a Series.xml and then no sub-folder is required.

That’s good to know :–)

I had the same issue with single-season shows like Planet Earth and Firefly and here is what I did using Media Center Master (MCM):

1) Use MCM to create the series folder and get the first round of data. 2) Organize the shows by SSxxEEyy names in a “Season 1” folder and position it inside the created series folder. 3) Refetch the data with MCM, then go into the “Edit Metadata” option and select “Auto-Rename All Files” then save and close MCM all the way out. 4) Navigate through the file tree to the series folder. Select “Tools —> Folder Options” and “Show Hidden Files” in the View tab then apply and close. 5) Go into the Season 1 folder and highlight all episode files and the ‘hidden’ metadata folder which should now be visible. 6) Move all the files from #5 into the Series folder. 7) Delete the Season 1 folder once moving is complete (make sure the shaded metadata folder is under series first!) and close the tree. 8) Open MB and… BAM! Every thing is there in the top level and no Season 1 subfolder!