I just test the issue based on this thread:
I tried change the setting in the rating to US, as well, add the TMDB ID together with [boxset] for the top folder, it will not download the backdrop or create the folder.xml
Sure it will get all the info (poster, backdrops .. etc) for the sub folder for the titles.
It looks like there are a couple issues here. First, there may be bad data at tmdb. Second, when we get the bad data, our provider is throwing an exception causing it to stop.
This was my main test collection through the beta cycle so I know it was working a couple weeks ago.
It would seem that MCM also no longer downloads boxset metadata. Dont know if both products stopped at same time, but both are not working now for boxsets.
It looks like the url that the core is calling is incorrect the core is trying to resolve (alien anthology)
where the actual call should be
What happened here was the functionality we were using during development was considered a bug in the API to tmdb and they “fixed” it.
Unfortunately, though, not all of the fields we were getting in the movie call are documented to be returned by the collection call. In fact, most of the important ones like overview and genres are missing. So, I’m working with tmdb to be sure we can get this information for collections.
I’ve got this fixed – I think – for Atlas SP1. However, I don’t know when Travis will get the changes up to tmdb to make it fully supported. That means we may or may not be able to test it and it may or may not actually work as we want when he does get the changes up.
But, I don’t want to hold up our maintenance release for that so we’ll just cross our fingers.