This plugin is created and maintained by Luke.
The support thread is Here.
- Media Browser 220.127.116.11 (Atlas)
- Web API plug-in
Detailed instructions for how to install a plugin can be found here
But I will give quick how to as well:
Open Media Browser Configurator, click on the plug-ins tab.
Then “More plug-ins ..”, “Other”, and select “Media Browser Remote”, click on “Install”, and when the download finish, click on “Done”:
Configure the Media Browser Remote:
You need to install Web API plugin on all your PC’s, and only then, install this plugin to the PC that will be controlling all others PC’s.
Click on the plugin name “Media Browser Remote” then click on “Configure”
Chose a port number that not the same as Web API, example, if Web API have the port number “8092” then give the remote as example the port number “8099”
Then click on “Add” (we will add the other PC’s):
Now let me explain the options in this page:
- Name (No 5): Any name you like to give the clinet pc you want to connect to, not important what you name the link.
- Internal Access (No 6): The IP for the client, if you have DNS server in your LAN, best to use the host name if you like.
- External Access (No 7): if you want to access your PC from the another external network, like WAN (Internet – Remote Site), here you need to forward the port by your router if you have static IP (fixed IP giving to you by your ISP).
1 – you can use this site for howto and select your router name and model: portforward
2 – If you have dynamic IP, then you need to find DDNS sites service, here a list
- Wake On LAN Info (No 8): The MAC address here need it for you network card.
Finding PC IP & Mac Address:
From windows Start – type “cmd” then open the command prompt, here we simply can type “ipconfig /all” and will get the info need it, but this some times give more info and confuse the issue for some.
Let start CMD for only finding the mac address, and type “getmac” to see your network mac address, or use the switch “getmac /v” to give you more details about the network cards in your PC.
Also you can click on Start – Control Panel – Network and Sharing Center. You can as well click on the “computer icon” on your system tray for that.
Then click on “Change adapter settings” then right click on your network card and chose “Status” then “Details”:
- No 8 is your mac address.
- No 6 is your IP address.
Here the complete setting for No 5, 6, and 8 look like:
Now for No 7, as been explain, best really to register a domain with some knowing register sites (even if you have dynamic IP), setting up the router then will be easy.
We can not explain “general” for all routers for port forwaring, but as I said before this site portforward have almost details for every routers and models.
Also yopu need to open the port with your firewall for outbound ruls, this been explain in Web API thread, we explain the inbound rules, you just need to do it with Outbound rules, that all.
After setting up external access and the others options, click “OK”
You will see this window, just click “OK”:
Now if you see confirm success windows, here just click “OK” otherwise, check the client firewall for the port open issue, correct it, and try again.
Now we are done the settings for one client, as you see:
- No 9: If you want to edit or remove the added client.
- No 10: To add another client.
- No 11: Default option that each client own catch, but really, if you need fast browsing every times you use the remote, set it to one PC that always one, as in my example I chose one client for that.
Since I use same PC for testing, the link address will be “localhost”, you can put the IP address if you remote another PC, after that click “OK”
Now you will see this windows, and it normal for whom using firewall program other than windows firewall, whom using windows firewall will get confirm success windows, just click “OK”
Now the plugin want us to manually close and restart media browser service.
This been explain in this Thread then click on “OK” when you done that.
The plugin now will test the connection to localhost, click “OK” then the confirmation for succeeded windows will come up, click “OK”.
Now we are done setting up the plugin.
Using Media Browser Remote:
I will use the PC browser here for this explaination, but it work fine on my iOS devices, from FW 4.2 to 5.11.
Open the browser and use the link for your remote PC, here will be my localhost.
- IP address or localhost as No 12.
- Info status for player No 13
- Tools menu as No 14
- Home back icon to EHS (as this page) as No 15
- Going to any VF selections by click on it as No 16
Tools Menu (No 14):
- Connection type if it “Internal” (LAN) or “External” (WAN – Internet) as No 1
- The current connection client name, you can change to another client PC from the selected menu name as No 2
- Media Browser Status as No 3, if it not running, then click on “Start Media Browser” as No 4
- What Plug-ins and themes been installed on the PC cllient as No 5
- Starting Media Browser Service or Start a refresh as No 6
- System command can be take action on the client PC as No 7
Browsing Collection and Playing a media titles:
As click on the “Movies” VF from the EHS screen:
- Play the collection option, or open the VF windows in the client PC as No 17
- Sort order you media titles as No 18
- Clicking on the “Return” icon will return you back to the last screen as No 19
- Click on the movie title name will take you to IMDB info for the movie in another browser page as No 20
- Play the movie or open the “details windows” on the client PC as No 21
- Movie information as No 22
- Actors images as No 23
- Click on any actors images will take you to all movies and media for that actor as No 24
If the client already starting a media, then the plug-in will show it in the status bar as No 25
When you start a movie, you can pause – forward – stop as No 21
In the home screen (scroll down to the EHS end VF list), you will find:
- Last Added as No 26
- Last Added not played as no 27
- Watch status as No 28
- Genres list for your media collections as No 29
- does this work on 2.6.1 media browser mrojc 6 months ago
- Yes it work on Media Browser 2.6.1 abobader 6 months ago
- I cant find the remote plugin I need help I use to have the old one and when i updated it stop working so I just started lookin around on here reading and I found This any way u can send me plugin an help me with this thanks mrojc 6 months ago