There are two methods this can be accomplished.
Method 1 (preferred)
- Download Media Center Studio (MCS for short)
- Make sure Windows Media Center is closed
- Start MCS
- In MCS, click the “Start menu” tab
- on the bottom of the screen click “Entry Points” so you can see all available entry points.
- Doubleclick on the entry point “media browser”. A new tab will appear where you can customize the entry point
- Select “browse” and navigate to your custom image. Afterwards you will see your custom image. Do this for both the active and inactive images.
- Click “Save”
- Close MCS, start Media Center and enjoy your custom icon!
It is also possible to have direct access to media collections using MCS. You can find a tutorial here:
Method 2 (alternative)
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to: “C:\Program Files\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser”
- replace the “application.png” with a custom image.
Please note that your custom icon will be replaced if you install a newer version of Media Browser
We need the following improvements:
- include screenshots for the steps described in method 1
We need your feedback. This topic needs improvements. please use the improve link below.
- Method 3 (more current + less head ache) go to http://vistademon.wordpress.com/mce-7-reset-toolbox-lite/ and get the software its like MCS on nitro. Cheers ireri 8 months ago