Certain plugin themes are able to show local weather. To configure the Yahoo Weather ID to display the weather on supported themes, you can follow the instructions in this topic.
- A theme that supports weather
- Enhanced Home Screen must be enabled.
- An active internet connection to display the current weather forecast.
The default theme that comes with Media Browser does not show the weather. This has been removed in version 2.2.1. Most other themes do support the weather and many of them have an option to enable the weather on their settings tab in the configuration menu
- Start the Media Browser Configuration Wizard from the start menu
- Click advanced in the top menu
- Go to the “Display” tab
- in the “Enhanced Home Screen” section make sure “Enable Enhanced Home Screen” is checked
- Enter the correct Yahoo! Weather ID
Choose the Weather display unit
(in the above example, the weather code used is for Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Close the Configurator and start Media Browser. The current weather is now displayed.
(in the above example, the weather is displayed in the Chocolate Theme)
Getting the correct Weather ID
(In the Configurator, on the display tab under Enhanced Home Screen, the link to Yahoo! Weather ID is currently not able to be used. Changes to Yahoo’s api will show Weather ID in a form unusable by Media Browser.)
There are several ways you can retrieve the correct Weather ID for your location.
Use this website to select your country and city and copy the ID that’s in front of the city name.
Use http://www.weather.com to select your country and city.
You can find your Yahoo! Weather ID from the URL in your browser’s address bar. It should appear to be something like:
The last Part of the URL before :1 is the Yahoo! Weather ID which in this example would be NLXX0015. Just simply enter NLXX0015 in the input field in the configurator, press save and you should get the weather for Rotterdam.
Disabling weather on themes
Certain themes have an option to show or hide the weather on the Enhanced Home Screen, but not all.
If you want to use the Enhanced Home Screen and don’t want to see the Weather, then remove the “Weather ID” in the configurator and press the Save button.
This will remove the Weather widget from the Enhanced Home screen.
If for some reason you run into a problem with the weather configuration, this is most likely due to some permissions issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can perform.
- Make sure you have a valid Weather ID configured in the configurator
- Make sure you hit the save button in the configurator
- Confirm that the
MediaBrowserXml.confighas the correct Weather ID in the
- Confirm that the RSS folder in
- If there is no xml file in the RSS folder, delete the RSS folder and launch Media Browser again. This will recreate the directory and should add a new xml file in it if you enable a theme that supports showing the weather.