Please visit our new community...

Bug Config wizard stops responding in Thunderblade Release

no supporters

When trying to open the config wizard in Thunderblade I get the message it has stopped.

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: configurator.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 2.2.2.0
  Problem Signature 03: 4b82dd50
  Problem Signature 04: WindowsBase
  Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 4a174f32
  Problem Signature 07: 368
  Problem Signature 08: 19
  Problem Signature 09: System.ComponentModel.Win32
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    2057

It worked for me the 1st time, enough for me to setup my media folders and add a few podcasts. I think the problem is with setting permissions, although I allowed MB to set permissions initially it appears not to have worked. I cannot allow a second time as the box is greyed out. see pic

votes newest oldest

• Created:about 4 years ago

I am seeing this to on my Vista 32 bit install.

Working ok on my Win 7 64bit install.

Error log gives this –

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01: configurator.exe
      Problem Signature 02: 2.2.2.0
      Problem Signature 03: 4b82dd50
      Problem Signature 04: PresentationCore
      Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06: 48fef619
      Problem Signature 07: 4e2b
      Problem Signature 08: 6
      Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileFormatException
      OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    2057

• do you have .net 3.5 sp1 installed? – sam about 4 years ago
  • Hi sam, yes I do….i double checked all the dotnet updates were there also. As ive got nothing to do today ive put another HD in and installed win7 32bit , and set everything up. MB installed fine first time and configurator runs no problem. So it must be something screwy on my vista 32bit install…..i can easily swap the HD’s back over to help with any testing – Groove about 4 years ago

Will quickly test this, in case its a vista regression

Unfortunately I am seeing the same thing on my Vista 32 setup.

Will eagerly await Sam’s findings…

Unlike Groove I am running W7 32 bit.

• Im curious, if you manually rename the plugin folder to plugin1 does configurator run – sam about 4 years ago

Yes it does work but it is asking each time to set folder permissions.

• thats a separate issue, so if you install a plugin afterwards does the error return? I want to know if its the html frame – sam about 4 years ago
  • Plugins install ok but in another folder called plugins, I copied and pasted the dll and xml into plugin and then deleted plugins and renamed plugin back to plugins and all seems fine. – karlos65 about 4 years ago

• Modified:about 4 years ago

Sam, for me – I cannot start Configurator at all.

If I rename ‘Plugins’ folder to ‘Plugins1’ – the Configurator simply crashes again with the above errors and it recreates the ‘Plugins’ folder.

MB appears to be running fine, however I can’t install any plugins because Configurator will not run.

edit: i have .NET SP1 installed

• as in .net 3.5 sp1 ? – sam about 4 years ago
  • sorry yes, 3.5 SP1 – seanbuff about 4 years ago
  • my issues / attempted solutions seem to be inline with seanbuff. Still haven’t had any luck. – michael7oliver about 4 years ago

I was having that issue, it actually would crash my configurator. I fixed it by changing the permissions of my c:\programdata\mediabrowser folder to full read/write access. I am on win 7 32bit by the way.

• i tried the same thing, but it made no difference for me. – seanbuff about 4 years ago

Tried all sorts last night, updating .dotnet’s , patching , reinstalling , everything i could think of, to no avail….but ill try the permissions thing that Bemaserra posted shortly and post back.

After a new install it looks like it is going to fire up as the splash screen stays on for ages before failing out. Subsequent retries it crashes almost immediately.

On the verge of re-building the htcp with win7 today , but ill see if i can get to the bottom of it beforehand if it helps to find the cause of the problem

Changing permissions and renaming the plugins folder didnt work for me.

After renaming the plugins folder and launching the configurator a new plugins directory is created then it crashes out.

strange

• I really need more info and some steps to repro, having trouble reproducing this – sam about 4 years ago

For me the configurator won’t open. Windows says it has stopped working as soon as I open it and then it shuts down.

• There are a couple of temp workarounds, trial and error at the moment. What works for me is re-naming the plugins folder in programdata/mediabrowser, then config as normal, this will create an additional plugins folder but everything should work. Restarting the config wizard will always be problematic with the folder called plugins, so rename each time you use it and when you are finished rename it back to plugins. You will need to copy and paste any files you create back to your original folder. – karlos65 about 4 years ago

Have you guys added different sources (urls) for plugin sources?

• I have added a few. Chocolate, music plugin and Harmony. All the newest links from a link on the CT. – karlos65 about 4 years ago

Hi,

I got the same crash on vista 32.

Description: Stopped working

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: configurator.exe Problem Signature 02: 2.2.2.0 Problem Signature 03: 4b82dd50 Problem Signature 04: PresentationCore Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0 Problem Signature 06: 4858c628 Problem Signature 07: 4e2b Problem Signature 08: 6 Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileFormatException OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1037

I got the vannila and chocolate source xml and the MB source url in the plugin section.

Thanks, Tempo

• Try taking the Vanilla source out (it is redundant now). You can find it in your config file. – ebr about 4 years ago
  • the only source I have in: MediaBrowserXml.config Is MB source under the PluginSource tag. Am i suppose to look in other config files? thanks. – Tempo about 4 years ago

I think this may clear up with the permissions setting fix I just put in…

• Can you compile an EXE so I can test and report here with the results? – Tempo about 4 years ago
  • Check your PMs on the forums… – ebr about 4 years ago
  • I have replied to you on PM. – Tempo about 4 years ago

Im also having this issue. Anyone get it working in vista 32 yet?

There is a new configurator now:

click here

• Still getting the same behavior. After adding a media collection, the Configurator stops responding. MCE still locks up when you select the MB icon. – tlitchfo about 4 years ago
  • This is a W7-32bit machine BTW. – tlitchfo about 4 years ago

I am still having the same issues with the new configurator

It is working for me with W7.

Vista 32 still having the same problem.

• same error message? – sam about 4 years ago

I would start anew topic with say “New configurator still not working in Vista 32”

This basically doesn’t apply any longer. I believe all configurator issues have been resolved with the Pegasus release.