This topic will describe the following:
- Available configuration options in the Diamond Theme and what they do.
- How to access the view menu
- Useful Options
- Additional notes
Available options in the configuration menu
The configuration menu can be accessed from within Media Browser using the wrench (or spanner) icon.
Diamond Options Tab
Media Details in Mini Mode
- Start the details page for media items in mini-mode. This mode sacrifices media details for more fan art useful for more advanced users with a full library of backdrops.
Display End Time
- Calculate and display end time of current media item. When enabled it takes the runtime of a selected media item and calculates the expected time the media would finish if you were to play that media now.
Display Glass Overlay
- Display Diamond Glass overlay on poster images. You can turn off glass frames, this is particularly useful if you have specially tailored posters and do not have the need for glass overlays or simply you don’t like the look.
Display Infobox in Coverflow Views
- Display an information box for media in Coverflow view.
Display Infobox in Thumbstrip Views
- Display an information box for media in Thumbstrip view.
Display Infobox in Poster Views
- Display an information box for media in Poster view.
- Display weather in Diamond Theme
Extender Layout Enhancements
- Use custom layout adjustments for use with extenders.
Enhanced Home Screen Customization
By default the Enhanced Home Screen (EHS) for the Diamond Theme will display a view of ‘recent items’ that have been added to the selected media collection. By default media that is added to the filesystem in the past 60 days is shown with a maximum of 20 items.
This view however can be customized by the user. There are three choices for the information displayed here:
- Recently Added (default)
- Recently Watched
- Recently Added Unwatched
To change the information displayed you need to navigate until the ‘Recently Added’ header is highlighted. Then you can cycle through the view options by pressing the Return/Enter key on the keyboard or by pressing the “OK” button on a remote.
This will toggle through the available views.
We need your feedback. This topic needs improvements. please use the improve link below.
- I've grown found of creating custom backgrounds especially for the pictures for my created root folders (movies, tv, cartoons etc.) and I think that if there was a way to project that image to the background for each section it would be a nice touch. for now it is a small thumbnail and that is the standard it seems across the themes. Pearl seems to have the largest but I believe it can be extended even more. If I'm not clear let me know! Love the theme! Goosa over 2 years ago
- I don’t really understand what you mean. Backdrops are shown fullscreen in a any theme that supports it. I suggest you post a question about it, since people hardly notice the comments on KB topics. Have a look at Where do I put the cover and backdrop images? birkoff over 2 years ago