3D Genre Icons

alt text

alt text

Poster Genre Icons

alt text

alt text

• Here is a small collection of custom backdrops. Gallery

• Template .psd file for Poster Genres is available here. Poster Template
  • Just crop/scale the poster of your choosing and create a text layer in the bottom area. That’s it for these! Nice and simple.

• Template .psd file for EHS Initial Icons is available here. EHS Initial Template
  • It’s basically up to you to insert your image and text layers between their respective front and back layers. Then you'll have to manage the reflections and 3d perspective. A little bit of frosty blue drop shadow gives the text some glow.

• Template .psd file for 3D Genres Icons is available here. 3D Genre Template
  • OK, same story here as the EHS Icons except I included all the completed text as separate layers. So unless you're wanting to create new text, you just have to insert your image between the two main layers and then enable and position the text layer you want. Again you'll have to take care of the reflection and perspective on the main graphic.

Shout-Outs

• Jon: @ the HTPC.net for hosting the downloads
  • Xzener: for the media info logos (DTS, Dolby Digital, etc..) used in the EHS Icons.
  • Me23: for use of his genre background images, used in many of the 3D Genre Icons.
  • DemonSeed: for helping put together this thread!

• Created:about 4 years ago
  • Modified:about 4 years ago by DemonSeed
votes newest oldest

• Modified:about 4 years ago

As I've mentioned in the forum thread, my career is really taking up my time right now. Regrettably I haven’t had enough time to work on requests like I'd like to. I hate leaving people hanging, but I've got to keep my priorities in line as well. If people want to go ahead and make requests here I'll try to get some out when I can, but they'll be coming out much more slowly than before.

I'm not opposed to posting .psd files so people can work on their own if they have artwork they'd like to substitute. The poster icons are quite simple but the EHS Icons and 3D Genre Icons involve a lot of steps to get from the .psd to a finished product.

• thanks for the psd files :) – jojovee about 4 years ago

Looking good James971, I mean jwoods?? Why the name change?? Thanks for the shot out!!

I registered on the community tracker a long time ago and I have no idea why I didn’t use the same name. Maybe I was planning to go postal on the forum and wanted another identity? :D Anybody know if there’s a way to change it?

@Demonseed – if you have a few minutes to put some lipstick on this pig, feel free. It would be very much appreciated.

• :) Yep Yep! Sure will. And FYI… You can go to your user id screen, here in the CT, press Edit, and Change You Name. Easy – DemonSeed about 4 years ago
  • Done, that was too easy. Thanks for the tip! – james971 about 4 years ago
  • Demon will make this look so pretty. ;) I know you have been busy with work, thanks for moving these here. – BAS about 4 years ago
  • Nice thread images Demon! – BAS about 4 years ago

Wow DS, thanks for dressing things up a bit!

• Yeah, looks great… I'm jealous. – xzener about 4 years ago
  • Your welcome. I'm not totally happy with them, so revisions are coming. Manly just fixing the image sizes so its all the same. But I'm happy you approve! :)DemonSeed about 4 years ago

In case it’s not noticed in the ‘Requests’ section. I posted the .psd files with just a gentle nudge in the right direction for instructions. I figure if I could figure it out anyone can. I'll also try to answer questions as they come up.

• Created:almost 4 years ago
  • Modified:almost 4 years ago

Just play with it and make a GameTime EHS Icon but with no reflections don’t know how to make them :( Here is my GameTime PSD
alt text

• Created:almost 4 years ago
  • Modified:almost 4 years ago

this link should work http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5088154/GameTime.psd

How I did it:

1. copy the layers
  2. flip the layers vertically
  3. line up the left corners of the copied layers with the originals
  4. use Perspective to line up the right corners
  5. Lower Opacity of copied layers to 75%
  6. Add layer Mask to the one of copied layers
  7. Use the Gradient tool on the mask (Set to Liner) make sure you angle it at the same angle as the plaque
  8. Duplicate the layer with the mask 3 times
  9. move the mask from the duplicate the other layers

if you need to resize the mask unlink it first alt text

• Thanks a lot I'll play with it later it’s hard stuff for me :) – Alwin almost 4 years ago