We have just finished up a maintenance release for Media Browser. Nothing too big here just a bunch of performance and stability fixes.
Still looking for sponsors
If you or anyone you know would like a spot on the Media Browser home page and would like to help out the Media Browser project contact me at sam.saffron
Special thank you
A special thank you to all the people who donated money to the project, I went ahead and assigned “supporter” badges to them.
Warning to all Sqlite users
If you are using the experimental sqlite data store, you will need to delete it before upgrading. Delete the file
C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\Cache\cache.db. I made some schema changes that are not backwards compatible.
- The image cache subsystem was re-written, now when you launch in to poster view the images show up right away.
- When filtering by genre icons were stretched #1487
- Configurator crashed on startup in Vista #1608 and related
- Stopping a DVD did not return to previous screen on Windows 7 #523
- Online backdrops were taking precedence (and downloading) #1635
- ImagesByName broken with SQLite
- Add "Auto-Enter" option to Configurator
- Highlight Unwatched Items (Checkmarks still showing up)
- Parental Controls: No way to delete folder security rating.
- Latest version of plugin doesn't show on first item in list
- Keep "add plugin" window open until pressing done
- Internet Providers: Local metadata should take precedence
- Crashing During playback
- Configurator doesn't launch after install
Upgrading from firestorm should work fine (with the caveat that sqlite users need to dump the cache – don’t worry, if you do not know what sqlite is, you are not using it)
It is also recommended you do a full upgrade of all the plugins you have installed in particular the old MTN High Quality thumbnailer is not compatible with 2.2.3
As usual available here: http://www.mediabrowser.tv/download
Posted by sam on March 10, 2010
Please login to leave a comment