Please visit our new community...

Discuss Show Us Your Media Browser \ MediaCenter Interface!

77 Responses

1 2 3
votes newest oldest

• Created:about 4 years ago
  • Modified:almost 4 years ago

Here is my latest HTPC/Media Browser interface. I like it.

DesktopMCMBMB DiamondMovie MB

• Hi, I'm just beginning to create my Media Browser experience and i really like this. How did you achieve this wonderful look. Thanks in advance, Nat x – Total Newbie about 4 years ago
  • Hey there Nat x. I am currently using the Diamond theme. I created the icons myself and you can download them, if you want, in the Fan art Section of the tracker. I have also posted the Black and White actors photos for your ImageByName folder there. You should also look into finding the Color Studio icons post in the same Fan art Section. I place a Gray and white Gradient background into the “Startup” folder in “c:\programdata\mediabrowser” folder, this allowed the Diamond theme to really show off how great it really looks. I found using a black background Diamond gets hidden. As for my Main desktop! That is a whole other can of worms! I would be glad to help you with that , but there is a lot of Customizing there and it’s gonna take a while to explain! Let me know how it goes man and welcome to one of the greatest communities on the web. – chef about 4 years ago
  • Just noticed your icons for the studios, How did u do this? as it look wicked. – AaronG85 about 4 years ago
  • Oh! I didn’t make the Colored Studio Icons. Rominator made those. You can find them here: Rominator's colored Studio Images Pack 2.0 The rest of the icons are mine. AaronG85 are you familar with the IBN folder? If so that is how you use them read this article on the tracker if you don’t: What is the ImagesByName folder and how does it work? Cheers! – chef about 4 years ago
  • Thanks mate helped put the finishing touches to my MB – AaronG85 about 4 years ago
  • show 13 more comments

Here is my current Mediabrowser interface. I am using the Chocolate theme.

Main screen: (I don’t use the EHS)

Genre:

Animation movies:

Actors:

Music:

Music:

• I like your IBN people. What stark cover are you using? This all looks very nice! – chef about 4 years ago
  • I made a custom stark cover. After I starked the whole IBN people folder, I made them all the same size. – zyned about 4 years ago
  • I dig it! I'm going to try that my self! – chef about 4 years ago
  • What profile did you mod to get that look? Was it the plaque to start out with? Would you mind sharing the custom file, and tell what Stark folder to put it in and what settings to run with? – DemonSeed about 4 years ago
  • I started a new topic about this here I used the glassplaque for it. I renamed the original glassplaque to glassplaqueold and named the custom stark glassplaque. I put it in the Plaque folder. – zyned about 4 years ago
  • show 2 more comments

Here is my setup as of now… Always tinkering.

alt text

• Modified:about 4 years ago by Nizmo

Here is a few shots from mine

alt text

My setup for the last couple of weeks:

alt text

UPDATE (May 25)

alt text

• Loving that Soultaker, looks tidy. Where did you get your Genre Folder Icons or did you make them. – Cheesegeezer about 4 years ago
  • I made them myself. Really easy to make, I found some nice backdrops and resized them down a bit. The frame and the bottom title are all part of the theme. – soultaker about 4 years ago
  • Which theme are you using ? and what is the view yours using in the house episode listing? – Mysterious about 4 years ago
  • Looks like a later version of a screenshot he posted a while ago of a new theme he wsa developing, was called “Pearl” I think. – Shidojin about 4 years ago
  • This looks great for touch screens. The flow in the center of the screen is cool. I like how the screens aren’t crowded with stuff, looks clean. Almost…should I even say it….Mac-ish. ;) – chef about 4 years ago
  • show 10 more comments

My Interface using Maelstorm Theme and Coverart Plugin

alt text

I will add to the pot. Here is mine using the Streaming Light MCE Theme I created.

Home GamesGuideMBHomeScreenmoviesTV Series

• You have really put some work into your MC. Very impressive Cheesegeezer. – chef about 4 years ago
  • Hey CheeseGeezer, can I ask where you found the background/wallpaper for the 3rd image down? Looks very snazy :–) – Mungo almost 4 years ago
  • I think I got it off some one of the guys dropbox from the fanart section on the MB Forums. If you want it just shout and i can email it to you. PM me – Cheesegeezer almost 4 years ago
  • In your District 9 screenshot, how do you get the file information to show up, ie the mkv, H.264, 1080p, 1.85:1, dts etc etc – Statts almost 4 years ago
  • Hey, can you also email me the wallpaper that Mungo is referring to? – Starman over 3 years ago
  • show 1 more comment

• Modified:about 4 years ago

Using Diamond, Xzeners EHS icons, Stark Covers (Diamond and TV).

Home Screen alt text

Movies alt text

Movie Detail alt text

Boxsets alt text

• Movie Detail screen – I cannot find how to get to this either? Mine only displays with studio icons on the left, and the bigger area of actors pics etc? How do you achieve your look? – Statts almost 4 years ago
  • Sorry – Also I miss the pane where it shows ‘AVI’ – Statts almost 4 years ago
  • I could be wrong, but I believe you need to de-select Show Details in mini mode. Check out my tutorial: http://mymediabrowser.webs.com/installingmediabrowser.htm Scroll to the heading “Media Browser Configuration in Media Center” The third screenshot under that heading you see “Media Details in mini mode”. Untick this for the movie details screen to display all the info. – ezyb123 almost 4 years ago
  • Thanks, you are a champion! – Statts almost 4 years ago
  • I just realise, during “Media Browser Configuration in Media Center”, the DIAMOND THEME tab does not exist in the settings…… – Statts almost 4 years ago
  • show 10 more comments

Continued – TV

TV List alt text

TV Seasons alt text

TV Episode Detail alt text

• The image you have marked “TV Seasons” – how do you get to this view? When I click on a show with Diamond theme, it gives cover flow type for choosing a season, then goes to cover flow type for selecting episode? – Statts almost 4 years ago
  • When I click on a tv show – it displays the seasons in coverflow by default – I change that to Detail view. – ezyb123 almost 4 years ago
  • Where is that option though? I am having trouble finding it….. – Statts almost 4 years ago
  • Check out my tutorial here – it has screen shots of every step: http://mymediabrowser.webs.com/installingmediabrowser.htm Additionally – I'll place screenshots of this particular option at the bottom of this topic – ezyb123 almost 4 years ago
  • Thanks, you are a champion! – Statts almost 4 years ago

Continued – Other

Stand-Up Comedy alt text

Kids Movies alt text

• My image links were broken – I've updated them now – ezyb123 about 4 years ago
  • Ohhh… Me scuuzzyy!! HAHA!! – xzener about 4 years ago

These setup are all unique and all amazing!! Keep them coming guys, lets see what you got.

Thanks to Chefbenny’s inspiration, I've changed my desktop too, which looks something like this now New Desktop

• How do you guys customize your desktop like that?? I like that! – xzener about 4 years ago
  • DeviantArt has the custom windows 7 styles. http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/windows7/visualstyle/?order=9 2beFine Classic is a similar style. And the info explains how to apply it. However, I don’t get how you guys change EVERY icon to match. I used icon packager from objectdock – it changed a few system icons – but it seems it is a manual process to change every icon. Any ideas? – ezyb123 about 4 years ago
  • Look for Icon installers on DA, I use Token because I think they are the nicest. Icon packager is good to, just to use the right click option to change icons. Token even has a media center theme. Xzener: Read my thread and it has all the custom files I made, really good for orgamizing meta and folders! – chef about 4 years ago
  • I love what u have done with your desktop. If you don’t mind can u list the theme and icons you used? – Mysterious over 3 years ago

• Created:almost 4 years ago

My setup over the last little while

alt text

Hi Throgmorton, what theme are using there? Looks great!

• It’s called Centrality, it’s Throg’s newest theme. At the moment it’s still in pre-release testing, hopefully it won’t be long before full release though. You can find more information about it on Throg’s forumShidojin almost 4 years ago

I don’t want to sound lazy, but I've tried playing with Media Center Studio and I just don’t get it. I'm far from a computer programmer, and I just can’t really make anything with it. I've downloaded the few themes from the Hack7MC site but they aren’t anything too great. Are there any links to themes on this board that you can point me to? Or have any of the above themes been uploaded anywhere?

Thanks

• Other than adding media browser and customising that, I haven’t customised media center – I'd be interested in hearing people’s comments on what they've done. Perhaps in a dedicated topic though? – ezyb123 almost 4 years ago
  • Thanks. At first I wasn’t understanding that customizing Media Browser and customizing Media Center were two different things. As far as I was concerned since I got to Media Browser through Media Center I didn’t know what everyone was doing. Now that I'm learning this is a lot of fun. – Jerseytiger almost 4 years ago

• great job man, one of these days I'll get around to playing with all of this customization stuff you have been working on. Thanks for sharing. – BAS almost 4 years ago
  • I read about this on hack7mc.com. Nice to see you here too. – chef almost 4 years ago

I have changed the look of my Mediabrowser again. (I change it very often) I am using the default theme for the first time right now.

Main screen: (I don’t use the EHS)

Movies:

TV Series:

Seasons:

Episodes:

Games:

Games:

Actors:

• Nice! I like that brushed look :) – DemonSeed almost 4 years ago
  • Very nice I like the main screen. Looks very very cool. – chef almost 4 years ago
  • I love the games icons – very cool – ezyb123 almost 4 years ago
  • SNES games on NES cartridges? :) – Riccardo over 3 years ago

Statts – to get the Detail view for TV show seasons – click on the tv show, then press the config button at the top of the screen – as follows:

alt text

Then select the view mode as Detail as follows:

alt text

Just finished setting mine up…

alt text

• Looks great! nice BG – ezyb123 almost 4 years ago
  • That’s just the Brokeh theme for Media Center Studio – Statts almost 4 years ago

My Media Browser / 7MC

imagebam.comimagebam.comimagebam.comimagebam.comimagebam.comimagebam.comimagebam.comimagebam.comimagebam.com

• very nice! Good background and icons in media center. – ezyb123 almost 4 years ago
  • Nice! I like how you have the thumbnails for your episodes. – chef almost 4 years ago

• Created:over 3 years ago
  • Modified:over 3 years ago

My Current MediaBrowser/7MC

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Nice – the coloured icons look good! – ezyb123 over 3 years ago

Right, my turn. forgive me, this is likely to be a LONG post. I've just taken 26 screen grabs, and this post is likely to be something of a philosophical treatise.

I use Craig’s Chocolate theme. I love it. I have irritated a few people, i think, by saying of some features, like, for example, trailer support or remembering details of your DVDs when they're not inserted, “what’s the point of that?”. I do, however, appreciate that some people want those features: I just don’t understand why.

As you will see from the below, I'm keeping it very very simple. This is just the way I like it, and Chocolate suits that very well. From what I've seen above, and this is not dissing anyone, I think I've probably got the most “straightforward” (boring, perhaps?) set up so far.

So, without further ago: alt text

Screen 1. This is the first thing I see. 8 categories. That’s it.

Taking them in turn, here’s Films: alt text

That’s the first page of nine. if you want to check out the other pages for all my movies, change the image number from 2.jpg to any number up to 10.jpg. I did’t think y'all would appreciate me posting all of them. So, as you can see: no backdrop (that’s saved for when you select a film), vertical scroll, images quite large. Within movies, there are some collections (Blade, Bond, Bourne, Clerks, Alien, etc) which have their own folder, like this: alt text

And when you choose an individual DVD, you get the detail view: alt text

which is where backdrop finally gets used.

Next up, TV shows: same basic format as Films: alt text

Second page of programs at image 14, if you're intersted, but you'll have to open that yourself. Now, obviously, TV shows have seasons. On all of mine, you will see on the below shots (3 of em) that I use “list” view, and EVERY season for each program has the same backdrop. I like it this way so they don’t change when I go between seasons on the main list. Thus, each Star Trek has a good backdrop of the relevant ship, which stays constant.

alt text alt text alt text

And then once you pick a season, same backdrop again alt text

Next, Disney: Kept this horizontal scroll as vertical freaked the nippers out alt text

Cartoons: alt text

and, again, demonstrating series view within cartoons: alt text

Then, final two: Music Videos: alt text

the main bands listed are where I have DVDs for them (most of those shown), or lots of individual videos (Marilyn manson). The Outkast picture in the middle leads to misc music vids. You'll note that the images here are all tv episode thumbnail size. I thought that was a good way to show the band logos. alt text

Inside one of the band folders. Yes, I have now sorted this wallpaper out. And, yes, I do have multiple copies of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Very last shot: Home vids. alt text

These took a bit of work. I have a flip HD. I merge my videos, name them S01E01 or whatever, run them through metabrowser to get a screenshot, rename the screenshot to folder, rename the movie to whatever its about, but them in their own folder, and it works well. Bit long winded.

so… there you go. 15 images. Hope you found them interesting, though I appear to be the only one who favours a black backdrop until you've actually selected an item to possibly watch. I am running up to date MB, I think, but feel no need to integrate games or music yet.

If anyone wants copies of any of my film/ tv art (I've photoshopped a lot of them to make the logos bigger, or get rid of names/ credits, etc), please feel free to email me.

• Nice Work. I now the singer from Skid Row. I'm not sure if you actually think that that is cool. Sebastian and I have many common Friends. – chef over 3 years ago
  • Seb Bach? One of the coolest men alive? Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with that. I'm in the UK, saw them at Birmingham NEC arena around 1991 with Love/Hate supporting. Great gig. Along with Chris Cornell and Mike Patton, he’s got one of the best voices in rock. – shooty over 3 years ago
  • He took singing lessons from my farther who toured with the Canadian Opera Company for 13 years, he grew up in my town. – chef over 3 years ago
  • Small world. Please pass my gratitude onto your dad :) – shooty over 3 years ago
  • (assuming he’s not passed away. Should probably have checked that first.) – shooty over 3 years ago

Firstly I have to say I love a LOT of these layouts. Constantly tinkering with mine, as we do.

This is my current setup:

alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text

Forever changing………….for now, it suits me.

HA……just noticed.

Bottom left corner of screenies……..THINKY THINKY =S

• You got my vote! ;–) – soultaker over 3 years ago
  • Nice, where is the Mediabrowser Icon from, its very cool! – pheonixsingh over 3 years ago
  • MB icon care of “Joey’s Video Wall Style Backdrops – now with DIY!!” – available here in fan art section. Sexy, innit? – SMG over 3 years ago
  • What skin in pearl is this? Really like this one. – wizBang over 3 years ago
  • BAS Diverge NF. Simple. Doesn’t overshadow backdrops. Brilliant. By far my favorite. – SMG over 3 years ago
  • show 1 more comment

This is my current setup but I am constantly changing it. Astro black mediacentre theme. In Mediabrowser I am using Pearl with the Diverge Z NF theme and Segoe fonts. No EHS view. I am using various views for my media.

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Updated my Homescreen with Xzeners 3D EHS Icons

alt text

alt text

• On your homescreen two pictures up. Where did you get that picture with the movie reel? Love that. – JoshFink over 3 years ago
  • EHS Backdrops Community Collection There are a couple of collections there. That pic is in the movie section of my EHS backdrops. – karlos65 over 3 years ago
  • Thank You – JoshFink over 3 years ago
  • Silly question, but how do add a specific picture backdrop per EHS icon? I put a backdrop in startup but it shows for all EHS icons including Music. – DigiTM over 3 years ago
  • Create a folder in C:\programdata\Mediabrowser\ImagesByName\General</b> with thename of your media collection exactly Put the file called backdrop.jpg in there and it will show up for that Media Collection. For instance, I have a folder called Movies : C:\programdata\Mediabrowser\ImagesByName\General\Movies\backdrop.jpgJoshFink over 3 years ago
  • show 3 more comments

This is my current setup after what seems like a long time messing with it.

First, the desktop. 2 monitors, left side is a normal desktop monitor, right side is the HDTV.

Left side: alt text

Right side: alt text

The start screen of media center: alt text

And finally my mediabrowser interface using the Diamond theme:

As per request the things I used to achieve this look

• The desktop look (all the widgets) is achieved through rainmeter, specifically the Omnimo 2 theme. Its extremely easy to get into and my look was achieved through minimal playing around. All the customization options are .ini text files. Everything you see on my monitors is available through the omnimo 2 theme.
  • My background is Windows 7 Wave. To use it as a background in 7mc, I just used Media Center Studio.
  • The alternate icon for Mediabrowser is from chefbennyj and was replaced using this technique
  • The main screen of Mediabrowser uses an augmented version of NickW’s Text Icons, with a white background instead of the transparency.
  • All the folders for movies and tv series are just clearcase\clearcase from starkcovers.
  • Box sets are either from here or made from scratch using this tutorial.
  • My genre icons are from setting sun, I got them a long time ago and love them. I had to make a few from scratch for some genre’s he did not have (anime, and foreign I believe).

That should do it. It took a little while to achieve this look and none of it would be possible without this great community, so thank you guys.

• Very nice and clean. I'm still deciding which theme to use, default or pearl. I keeps switching back and forth, so hard to decide since both are great. Where did you get the Media Centre background? – DigiTM over 3 years ago
  • PLAIN SEXY! What widgets/gadgets r those? Are you using StarDock Suite for those? Interested in the secondary monitor ones. – SMG over 3 years ago
  • Wallpaper please! – soultaker over 3 years ago
  • Yes Please… Wallpaper?! – xzener over 3 years ago
  • Very nice. I like those Genre icons. – Jackal over 3 years ago
  • show 4 more comments

• Modified:over 3 years ago by Shaolin

Mine is still a work in progress. Checking out styles and icons. But this is where I'm at as of now.

Main Screen

Alternate Main Screen. These icons work best in this mode.

Recorded TV

TV Series Main

TV Series Episodes

That didn’t work right. Try this: link text

• Dude! Where did you get those icons?!?! Those are hella cool! – xzener over 3 years ago
  • I made them. I was trying my hand at it since I haven’t used Photoshop in years (CS2). I'm trying to think some backdrops right now. – Jackal over 3 years ago
  • I have to agree with xzener, those icons are VERY cool! – Shaolin over 3 years ago
  • I applaud your work… CLAP CLAP CLAP You should start a fanart thread here on the CT and share your talent. Again, nice work. – xzener over 3 years ago
  • What theme are you using? TV Shows screen (that with “Fringe”) looks great! – Unknown562 over 3 years ago
  • show 2 more comments

• I really like that MAME setup. – Jackal over 3 years ago
  • Nice, very clean and well organized. Although it looks like you could use help in the video game console icon area. Hmmm… – xzener over 3 years ago
  • Do you have any ideas Xzener. I'd like to see you put some stuff together, but without the Directors Chalkboard. I don’t think it fits with the theme of video games – Redshirt over 3 years ago
  • Theme? – Unknown562 over 3 years ago

Excited to see all these setups. I can’t believe how customizable Media Browser has become. Media Browser blows the doors off anything out there IMO. Keep the setups coming guys, looking great!

Here’s my setup so far:

alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text

1 2 3