After a slight delay we managed to get Media Browser version 2.2.4 ready and out.
A big thank you goes to all the testers and new contributors to the project, this project is truly driven by the community a big thank you to all.
- The Media type is now retrieved from locally stored metadata.
- Better support for using MyMovies and Media Browser side-by-side. The user can now set the preferred order of local artwork.
- Watched status indicators are working normally again.
- It is now possible to Clear the Cache from the Media Browser Configuration Wizard.
- Various sort-order bugs for Media Collections have been fixed.
- Lots of other bugs have been fixed.
- You can use SQLite and share playstate settings & display settings.
- Better rotating backdrop support. It is now possible to randomize the order in which they appear.
- Using the custom entrypoints no longer results in a full library refresh.
- Improved installer interface that can create optional shortcuts to Media Browser.
- Overall performance increase due to various changes to the cache mechanism.
- Last but not least, Media Browser can now be localized by theme developers and the community.
To see a full list of the tracker topics for these changes, have a look here.
- This release will need to re-build your entire item cache as changes were made that are not backward compatible. This may take some time the first time you enter MB with this version so be patient while everything re-builds.
- When using experimental SQLite, the cache.db file will be deleted upon upgrading due to the above mentioned changes.
As usual the download is available at: http://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/downloads/list
Posted by sam on May 29, 2010
Please login to leave a comment