Please visit our new community...

Wrench My open source metadata software

Hi all !

Let me briefly present you my new software : MetaVideoEditor (MVE)

First of all it is free and open source, all dev are welcome to the project ! The code is writen with C# share some piece of code with MediaBrowser. It is available at Google Code : http://code.google.com/p/metavideoeditor/

The program is based on a plugin structure and is compatible with MediaBrowser, Windows DVD Library and XBMC.

For the moment, only a few providers are supported: TheTVdb, TheMovieDB, Ciné-Passion and AlloCiné (french metadata provider).

The program is available in english and french.

35 Discussions

1 2
votes newest oldest

• Created:almost 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing sven.

-Sinjen

This looks really good…just making a dummy folder structure so I can try it out..Thanks for this…Great bit of work.

Very nice looking sven, can I ask how do I join the team?

• just send me a pm with your mail address. – sven almost 4 years ago

Quick question, it seems that tv metadata that I already have isnt being recognized on the episode level. Show and season level is fine. I used metabrowser for the tv meta info is this a reason why?

Movies are also ok.

• In a season folder, it looks for a subfolder named “metadata” and then for xxx.xml where xxx is the filename of the episode. – sven almost 4 years ago

Nice looking app. Looks like it’s using tmdb’s old API?

This looks like it is going to be a fantastic little app to use,

I have been using the free version of metabrowser and found it was great to use (cant stand media center master, not a very intuitive program), with metabrowser it is sorta set and forget with the folder monitoring and auto start-up etc and I was annoyed when the paid version came out, being a student I cbf paying for many things when I don’t have to.

So far all the basic working’s well… work on MVE which is fantastic (finding the metadata, the layout is not too bad and has not crashed either), it just needs a few things like folder monitoring, auto start-up, auto save, for me to switch to using it and completely remove metabrowser from my system.

Now I could have missed those features and in which case woo, bye bye metabrowser. But if they are not there I completely understand this is a work in progress and will continue to check how this app evolves.

One think I would like to see is what features are currently being worked on for the next release and features that would one day be implemented.

All in all good work!

• @StogS – everyone to their own, but what is it you don’t like about MediaCenterMaster ??? I use it INSTEAD of MetaBrowser as it does a lot more. Haven’t used the new version though, but as it’s not free, probabbly won’t, LOL. – CBers almost 4 years ago
  • @CBers – Late reply I know but I never seem to check notifications when there are responses on this site, but anyway. The interface of MetaBrowser just works better, (TV and movies should be in separate lists or sections of list, better support for manually adding metadata, I don’t see why I should need to right click on a movie or tv show in the list to manually edit, also each season and ep should show up on the tv series list like on MetaBrowser just cos it makes it easer to make manual changes when needed or to go through older files that dont have data yet and add to them. Some rare things like older Jeremy Clarkson Movies do not have any metadata on database sites yet so by making them on my computer I can get it right then add that to somewhere like TheMovieDB). Then for things that MCM cant find, like a movie or series in a database it continues to complain about wanting an IMDB ID. Cant remember the other reasons I stopped using MCM as it was a while ago, in a while if MCM changes enough there is no reason why I would not giv it another go. – StogS almost 4 years ago

I happy with the program so far. I'm wondering if you are planing to add games via thegamesdb. I agree with StogS it would be a good idea to have a roadmap for features.

Of course this shows up after I just scrapped and cleaned every single one of my movies by hand with meta2. Congrats, I will have to pull this down and have a play real soon.

For the moment, I don’t plan to include games. The next step is to clean the code and remove all bugs. Then I will write more common providers like IMDB

• Modified:almost 4 years ago

Seams like metabrowser is getting nice free replacement (and also emm is supposed to support mymovies format in some next version).

• just wondered..whats EMM? – chip almost 4 years ago
  • Ember Media Manager. Developed for managing XBMC libraries, supposed to be adding mymovies.xml support. There’s experimental support in the existing version but the developer wasn’t at all familiar with the format, so it’s not there yet. – james971 almost 4 years ago
  • oh ok…the more the merrier ..thanks – chip almost 4 years ago

Nice to see a new Scraper app. I am going to test this out tomorrow.

And Great work man just tried it out. It runs smooth and is pretty straight forward. I will test it out with my TV series soon for movies,anime,docs its been great.

It would be nice to have a button for the backdrops that would show you all available and allow you to download them. This is about the only thing its missing that would be a nice touch. It works fine to get them when adding a movie but if you just want to check to see if there are any new ones available you cant really do that as it is now. Unless I am missing something.

Also it does not display all the backdrops you have only the first few. I am guessing you know about and plan to address this.

Keep up the great work I look forward to the next update. :)

• In the backdrop tab, you can see all available backdrop, they are autamitically downloaded. Only checked backdrops (right click/Check) are then saved in the movie folder. – sven almost 4 years ago

Thankyou for sharing this, will have a play very soon.

Had a quick look at this and looks promising, an alternative to metabrowser at present, although im still waiting to purchase it once the TV series feature is added. Only downside ive seen so far is that you are unable to add any custom studio icons to the menu.

any update on this nice tool ? the movie part work more or lass good (only genre not work for me,+ can you add droplist for genre ..so we can fill it if need …like MPAA droplist..)

the tv part not work so great the the tool not seams to get data for the season xx and episode name.SxxEXX ..

thank’s for this tool.

• I'm sorry for the moment i'm very busy. However, i've just fixed tmdb plugin so that genres work now. What is precisely your problem with tv shows? – sven almost 4 years ago

just opened it up and being sceptical I thought it wouldn’t be up to much but it’s great very impressed this earlier on :D Like the way you can organise backdrops in the order you want them and also get it to download multiple ones at one time.

Not sure how I point it to the actor and studio images etc.

I had a few little unhandled exceptions thrown when was browsing the media collection list.

Renaming – This seems to just rename the movie foler, be nice to have the option to rename the file as well.

Couple little things that i'm sure are in the pipe line:

A button that acts as a short cut to the tmdb/imdb page. Useful for me as often I had foreign films and want to add them to help out tmdb.

Auto-Save option

process all

lock items

filters

Why do you have to search for items that already have mymovies.xml’s etc.

Maybe it’s me but I find a lot of the info text quite hard to read against the theme or windows background, perhaps some bolder text or lighter text boxes would help.

hi hier ! i second most of your point ….:)

abut the info text thet hard to read , i complitly with you ,i find it also hard to read . i hope a bolder text will be add , this tool rack…

to sven : just to add the Tagline not seams to get data ,in all my movie the tagline feild are empty .

thanks, sysmb.

• ah! I forgot that, I was going to add: Does teh Tagline really require it’s own tab? – hier almost 4 years ago

version 2.0.1 is online

Didn’t get to try this with TV yet, but movies work very well! Great job!

Any chance of getting an autosave?

• What do you precisely mean by “autosave”. What is the expected behavior? – sven almost 4 years ago
  • After I edit the metadata of a movie and I click on another movie I would like for the information from the first film to be autosaved. It’s a feature that I, and others, found to be fantastic in metabrowser. – meatrack almost 4 years ago
  • ok I see. Will have a think about this. – sven almost 4 years ago

hi sven ! thank you for new update … one quic one … do we have to Uninstal v2.0.0 first ? or we can instal v2.0.1 over the old one ? just worry abut the movie data ..

Edit : just downlad v2.0.1 …. the all instalition go with franch lang' what abut english ?

• it seems there’s a problem with the shortcut in the start menu. Please remove (if it exists) the file strings-fr in both locations c:\programdata\metavideoeditor\localization and c:\program files\metavideoeditor Also do not use the shortcut in the start menu, create your own one that point to the .exe file. – sven almost 4 years ago
  • great thank’s… :) – sysmb almost 4 years ago

Very nice app sven,congrats on the work you have done so far.

One question,the actors show up for the movies but not for TV Shows,is there a way to point it to the Images by Name folder.

• Yes. I just need to modify a bit the mediabrowser provider plugin. – sven almost 4 years ago
  • done! don’t forget to set IBN path in the MB plugins options – sven almost 4 years ago
  • Thanks mate,works like a charm. – Yogi almost 4 years ago

Hi,

The app looks great :D.

Can you please add the “NTFS Watcher” feature like in MetaBrowser, For auto updating of new items?

Thanks, Tempo

• Will try to deal with this, but it’s not an easy task. – sven almost 4 years ago
  • Yeah if there was the NTFS Watcher I think I would be able to completely switch over from MetaBrowser so I will be giving 2.0.1.1 a go and will look forward to however this app evolves – StogS almost 4 years ago

request – export list of movies to html

• OK, but it’s not a priority for the moment. – sven almost 4 years ago

thank you very much really nice app

• Created:over 3 years ago

hi sven ! any update on this great tool …. :)

Does it work with MB 2.2.9 ?

question: can this app monitor a dir and then move the found files to the correct dir/subdir based upon the file name?

for example: monitor E:/shows and when a file is detected named ‘the office.s05e03.wtv’, the file is moved to: E:/tv/the office/season 05/

Media Center Master does this functionality, and it is very handy, but they locked it down to the paid version only.

if your answer is “no, the app doesn’t do that”, then can you consider this a feature request? :)

thanks!

Is this project still going? I've been playing with it and I really like what I see, but I do have a few things I'd like to ask be added, if possible.

thanks you i like it very much

Nice Sven, thanks for the hard work!

Mine doesn’t seem to rename movie files, only folders, is that expected?

1 2