Please visit our new community...

Question TMT5 and Media Browser

• Created:over 3 years ago
  • Related:#4829

Arcsoft just released TMT5. I downloaded the trial version and installed. In the external players section of the Media Browser Configuration I pointed my BluRay folder rips to the TMT5 exe file (uMCEPlayer5.exe). When I go ahead and launch a BluRay folder rip from Media Browser TMT5 launches but instead of the player launching I instead get a TMT5 Info Center screen. I know at least one other person is having the same issue (and they are using the paid version). Has anyone been able to successfully get TMT5 to launch from Media Browser?

Also, on a side note, supposedly TMT5 will only support BR Folder rips if you point it directly to the index.bdmv file. If true this would probably change the optional parameters that are currently used in Media Browser to launch TMT5

6 Answers

votes newest oldest

accepted answer

There is a fix here: http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7164&title=mce-hotfix-for-tmt-50180

Anyway TMT5 starts in window (instead of full screen) and the back button doesnt close the player (need to close with CTRl-X or mouse). I'm going to post a reply to Jason (of Arcsoft).

• Jason posted a work around, using a link set to maximise uMCEPlayer5.exe. This does seem to work, however in always starts on the wrong monitor for me, and is impossible to move. The back button is still broken, and Aero vanishes too (this isn’t the case from the full WMC plugin disc playback menu option) – adspence over 3 years ago

TMT5 mce plug work for me as external player

1) First, create a shortcut to the EXE that launches the MCE Player.

2) Right click on that shortcut and select Properties. Change the launch method from Normal Window to Maximize.

3) Place this shortcut in the TMT folder (if it isn’t already) and I suggest naming it the same as the EXE (obvious why in next step)

4) Now change your launching script to call this LNK file instead of the EXE file, and pass the media parameter as normal.to do this you need to open the mediabrowser config file manually , change the target name to exe.lnk and save the file as “all file” not txt

enjoy

What does TMT 5 offer over TMT 3? There are some blurays that I sometimes get skipping on so hoping 5 addresses performance issues.

Seems like I should hold off from upgrading though.

Are either of you on Windows 7? Is Aero disabled as well?

Missing Remote has a review of TMT5 and it’s compatibility with Media Center. It’s supposed to be a bit more seamless.

Anyone know how I can get tmt5 to start on my tv monitor (secondary monitor)? It will keep opening on my primary desktop. tmt3 was able to launch on the 2nd monitor without an issue.

Thanks for the link redshirt, but not really the path I want to take. If I play a bd disc or dvd from the main tmt5 plugin, it plays fine on my secondary monitor (main tv) I may have to go have a look at the arcsoft forums and see if the tmt5 is accepting command parameters yet.