Please visit our new community...

Wrench Tikuf's Wtv tools (including mediainfo)

• Created:over 2 years ago
  • Modified:about 2 years ago
  • Owner:tikuf
  • Related:#8277

Mediainfo For Your Wtv Files

I wrote a vbscrip to insert the mediainfo into the mymovies.xml(movies)or ep-name.xml (tv series)using ffprobe. Pretty simple to use extract to anywhere double click on the Mi4Wtv(movies).vbs or Mi4Wtv(tv).vbs browser to the root folder (or specific folder) click ok thats it. If you want to use it on other extensions see line 23 of the vbs file (and edit in notepad or similar) It’s not perfect but its better than what is avail right now (nothing). It will create a back up of your existing xml however if you run it 2x it will overwrite the backup.

It is available here (this version supports mymovies.xml

New version supports movie.xml is available here This version fixes a minor issue with mpeg2 video not showing correctly in mediabrowser

Wtv Meta Data Populator

Meta Data Populator Will Populate Wtv Files For Both Movies And Tv Series. Please Make Sure That mymovies.xml Is Present For Movies And series.xml And ep_name.xml (In metadata Folder) Are Present For Tv Series

Instructions extract to anywhere & run WTVMetadataPopulator.exe select tv or movies browse to root folder (or specific folder) click ok thats it.

It is available here

New version supports movie.xml is available here

As always any issues please pm me or post here. If you use or appreciate these tools please drop a thumbs up

• Gone for years then returns and goes right back to work…. I like it, carry on! :P – DemonSeed over 2 years ago

8 Discussions

votes newest oldest

• Modified:over 2 years ago

When running Mi4Wtv.vbs I’m getting an error on line 72 on some titles (not all).

strData = objFSO.OpenTextFile(infotemp, ForReading).ReadAll

Line 72

Char 1

Error Input past end of file

Code 800A003E

Also, if a mymovies file doesn’t exist I get an error on line 63 – file not found.

I would love to see converted TV shows get metadata one day – even something as simple as inserting the show title into the WTV file would help organize things.

Great work! Metadata in the WTV file is the holy grail for me.

• rtbarn error on line 63 fixed (wasnt checking if file existed) the line 72 error will be caused by one of two things 1. script is trying to read the file before ffprobe has finished creating it (i put a 2 second sleep in to see it if fixes it. 2.The file has no stream info that ffprobe can obtain to test open a command promt in the Mi4Wtv dir and type ffprobe -showstreams -showformat -pretty “fullpathtodirectorycontainingwtvfile” see if you get a result I have up dated my post with a link to the altered vbscript – tikuf over 2 years ago
  • re “I would love to see converted TV shows get metadata one day – even something as simple as inserting the show title into the WTV file would help organize things.” there is a tool on source forge somewhere that will look up thetvdb and enter the details into the wtv metadata can remember the name will have a look for it on the weekend unless u find it first – tikuf over 2 years ago
  • I’ve searched and searched but can’t find anything. Let me know if you’re able to figure out what it’s called. — I have all the metadata I need for Mediabrowser (stored in the .\metadata(series name SXXEXX) type format) but I haven’t found a way to write that into the actual WTV file. Well, not automatically. – rtbarn over 2 years ago

oops cant edit the original post for some reason new script is here (original zip file updated to

just the script

• Well more thumbs up for you then. – rtbarn over 2 years ago

my bad it was codeplex you will need windows powershell

the script is here. I think this is what you were looking for

I will write tv versions of the wtvmetapopulator and mediainfo when i get the chance (probably on the weekend)

• Then I shall name my next child tikuf! – rtbarn over 2 years ago
  • I’ve used WTV-Metarenamer for a long time and it’s great at what it does. It’s primary function is to rename files vs. write to the metadata of a file unfortuantely. – rtbarn over 2 years ago

All The Above Links Have Been Updated With New Versions

Meta Data Populator Will Now Populate Wtv Files For Both Movies And Tv Series Please Make Sure That mymovies.xml Is Present For Movies And series.xml And ep_name.xml (In metadata Folder) Are Present For Tv Series. Many Thanks To Redshirt For The Code Help And Rtbarn For The Beta Testing.

Download From Link Above Or Here

Mediainfo For Wtv Files Has Also Been Updated. There Is Now A Script For Tv Series And Movies

Just The Scripts

Scripts And ffprobe

(rtbarn grab the new versions there are a few changes from the version you have)

• You wrote it, I just answered a few questions… Congrats. – Redshirt over 2 years ago
  • I’m not sure what changed in this version but it’s not telling me that every XML file has invalid data and I should re-download it. – rtbarn over 2 years ago
  • hmm thats not good let me get thos xml files of yours again and retest some stuff will get back to you in a bit – tikuf over 2 years ago
  • rt i just reread what you typed “ but it’s not telling me that every XML file has invalid data” that means its working correctly or did you mean it is telling you to redownload everything which is bad – tikuf over 2 years ago

Please note Mi4Wtv(tvseries).vbs is currently NOT compatible with xml files created by MCM as one of the functions relies on the xml not being on a single line

• this is now resolved. Things that still have to be fixed are 1. if ffprobe only detects one stream in the file the video or audio codec may be placed in the wrong section (ie audio in video section or video in audio section) please feel free to add to this list if you find any bugs or errors – tikuf over 2 years ago

Minor update

Fixed bitrate converted from Mbit/s to Kbits/s so mediabrowser understands it

Fixed frame rate so it didnt show 23.9768837262516 it will now trim to a max of 3 dec places

Removed the blank line that was being created before the mediainfo node

Capitalized codec type (looks nicer imo)

Engaged the silent drive – no more dos windows stealing the focus

Grab the new scripts from the first post in this thread

Hi thx for this tool! i was bummed big time when i found out mediainfo plugin didnt support .wtv. I ran your script but it doesn’t always populate all the medaiinfo. A lot of the time it will only populate the audio info and not the video info. I’m guessing it’s hit or miss depending on my file? Is there a way around this? So far i ran it on 7 of my .wtv files and 2 gave video and audio and the other 5 only audio.

Also a request if it’s rly easy to do…can you have it that it remembers the last folder you were in so you don’t have to keep starting all over from the top level when finding your file?

Thanks!

kingb ya i am currently working on a better solution it is a bit hit and miss atm but i will see what i can do. re remembering the last dir I may do this depending on time constraints.

you dont have to run every folder if you have all your tv on a folder called say Tv you can run it on the root and it will recurse thru and find all your wtv files.

• ok i figured that..but it’s still rly useful by adding the correct tags for you in the xml for doing adding stuff manually. thx tikuf! – kingb33 over 2 years ago