Please visit our new community...

Feature TV schedule, upcoming and past episodes

41 supporters

It would be nice to have a TV schedule for each series, maybe different tab display that would show upcoming and past show. One more thing, maybe someway it could alert you if you are missing current episodes

New Note*** 5/9/11 It would be nice to know if a current show has been canceled, I am not sure if there is any way to get this information while the show is still airing but it would be nice and if this could also be incorporated into the schedule somehow

• Great idea – love it – daavid about 3 years ago
  • I dig it! great idea! – NizZ8 almost 3 years ago
1 2
votes newest oldest

• Created:over 1 year ago

Fantastic work Throg! Cant wait to give this a try!

• Modified:over 1 year ago

Ok so I’ve a new version (1.1.0.0) which should run on all themes.

I’ve setup the MB Store and Server stuff so you should be able to trial the software for 15 days. Throgsoft Theme users shouldn’t have to pay, it should just work as normal.

I upped it a little early since I wanted user who aren’t using my themes just to test if it works on there themes of choice.

Please note that non-throgsoft themes currently don’t have the ability to alter the skin through the interface nor the backdrop opacity (this will be added over the next few days).

Until then you can manually adjust the skin colors by editing the file: ProgramData\MediaBrowser\TSoftCustomStyles.mcml

You can use the skin files located in ProgramData\MediaBrowser\Plugins\TSoft\skins as a template to make it a White, Black or Blue based theme (Blue is the default)

Anyways if you notice any bugs please post them in there own thread like you would any others.

Thanks

• Modified:over 1 year ago

Ok well I’ll probably take this on, an expand UpcomingTVs capabilities to allow it to be added to the root scroller of ANY Theme.

As I’ve mentioned in this thread, it will not be free for non-throgsoft themes. However, if you own a license for one of my themes, you will be able to use it for free in any theme (You may just need to load my theme ONCE to generate the required key, after which you can continue to use your preferred theme).

This may take a little while for me to get a version out which supports all themes, as I have to add a bunch of additional code to make it standalone.

• Cool, so it would be best to buy one one of your themes to have this plugin working? Or can we just buy the plugin itself? When can we expect this? – heula over 1 year ago
  • It would probably be cheaper to buy the plugin as it will be half the price of the themes. No timeline for release. – throgmorton over 1 year ago
  • I spent a bunch of time yesterday adding the base code so it would launch without crashing on any theme. The main holdback now is finding a way for the user to be able to change options like skin color, backdrop opacity, etc… This is all handled through the menu system in my themes, but people not using those don’t have access to it. So I need a clever way to implement it without breaking my themes. – throgmorton over 1 year ago

wow I haven’t seen this request in awhile, awesome progress. I would love to see upcommingtv available to all themes instead of just Throgsoft themes before this is marked done. maybe bundle with MBPlus. If not looks great anyways

• Which is why I haven’t marked it complete, still debating whether to spend the time to have it run on all themes. – throgmorton over 1 year ago
  • I asked Soultaker for this to have in NEO and he said “ask Throg”. – heula over 1 year ago
  • Haha… I guess he doesn’t want to re-invent the wheel… – throgmorton over 1 year ago

So, do we reckon this feature request has been granted by Throg’s UpcomingTV plugin? I think you should mark this request as complete and take the credit, Throg! :)

Here you go Red,

alt text

The user will be able to pick either the list layout or the grid…

• That’s great. You guys make MCML look so easy. – Redshirt over 1 year ago
  • Lol… I still have massive problems with the FirePropertyChanged. For the life of me I can’t get it to be picked up by the MCML side of the code. So I have to come up with other creative ways… I really wish I could get that working… – throgmorton over 1 year ago

Added a little more frills…

alt text

• This is great throg, you’re really stepping it up with Destiny. There are a lot of users though that are watching crazy amounts of TV. Do you think it may be a good idea to add a horizontal scroller near the top so users can select < this week > < next week > < later > to narrow results. – Redshirt over 1 year ago
  • Well thanks to a few helpful tips from you, ebr, luke, etc.. to help fill in my missing C# knowledge… – throgmorton over 1 year ago
  • Oh and Patience… Lol… I’m acutally creating a grid design now to allow more shows viewable by a per day basis. – throgmorton over 1 year ago
  • excellent :D – Redshirt over 1 year ago

Just a couple of months ago tobias tobin and I worked really hard on a great amulet plugin that spoke back your favorite tv show if your tv series matched the rss feed from tvrage.com just though id share in case anyone was looking for an rss th listed the nights tv and the next day and wanted to set up some kind of alert in media browser. May come in handy. :)

I’ve been working on something recently for my Destiny theme which will get the upcoming TV shows based off all continuing series. It’s still pretty early on in the development stage I just have the basic scroller done displaying some information (haven’t had time to add all the frills), but in the meantime I have a couple of screens, any feedback of additional information you would like to see would be appreciated…

alt textalt text

• Man this is great. Ya know I’ve used neo for so long, I only just started trying out acendancy and destiny, which are freakin amazing pieces of work! I use amulet remote and sometimes destiny doesn’t ok it when I switch from on library to another without skipping back to the ehs…not sure why…doesn’t matter, only happens sometimes when MC crashes. Having this coming tv show list would be great addition. – chef over 1 year ago
  • Just a quick apology, my android phone sucks at texting, it wants to correct to much… I hope you get my drift from the post above… – chef over 1 year ago
  • looking good throg! – Mrwebsmith over 1 year ago

• Created:almost 2 years ago
  • Modified:almost 2 years ago

I am not sure if I have done the right thing – I have posted a new feature request asking for the same feature but directly relating to a new view in MBTV as per the suggestion from Luke (above): MBTV – Schedule of recently aired and upcoming TV shows

• Created:over 2 years ago

Thanks Alan!

Just to be clear, I don’t think this has to be an antiquated TV-Guide style layout. I agree with what EBR said in another thread about the whole point of on-demand is what you want, when you want. We don’t need to go back to the old days.

That being said, a lot of us have shows that we watch on a weekly basis, and it would be nice to have a way to see what’s aired recently so that we can catch up on unseen episodes. Relying on the RAL doesn’t quite cut it. If there was also a way to display upcoming episodes, that would be icing on the cake because it would help me plan what I’m going to be watching that week.

I still feel like this idea can be merged with:

MediaBrowser TV - Concept Discussion

The tv schedule could just be one view within that feature. I don’t think the presence of upcoming episodes is enough to keep them apart.

got my vote and wish!

Shifted one of my wishes over from something else… This would be an excellent feature addition…

• Modified:over 2 years ago

Since I’ve just been granted a wish I’m voting for this. I’m still using sickbeard as my tv-guide of sorts (discussed above), but what I’d really like is to be able to sit down in front of the tv and view them within media browser.

• Modified:over 2 years ago

I love this idea.

But Soultaker, if you’re going to add this to neo, one idea I have is to have a guide-style view for ALL shows in my collection. I think the poster just wants to see it for one show.

I’d like to be see what episodes have aired recently so that I can catch up, and also what’s going to be airing soon.

Sickbeard does a really nice job of this. It uses theTvDb. See attached images.

alt text

alt text

Ok so where do I get this data from – Neo is ready to roll…

• I am not sure I was assuming thetvdb.com let me know if you would like me to look into anything – jd11 over 2 years ago
  • I meant in the MB core wheres this info at? – soultaker over 2 years ago
  • Nowhere. We don’t retrieve or store this information as it is outside the scope of what MB was designed to do (present your collection). Not saying it couldn’t be done but it hasn’t been. – ebr over 2 years ago

Is this one still on the radar I think a format similar to how sickbeard shows up and coming episodes would be pretty cool.

• Created:almost 3 years ago

+1 for me.

As far as where to get the information, it is all available on TVRage, though I’m not sure how much of it can be pulled through the API.

On the website itself, the last aired episode is either tagged as “PREV:” or “FINAL” if the show has been cancelled. There is also a “Next:” entry if the next airing is known. Somehow running an “all-episodes-in-season” metadata pull would make it easy to compare which aired episodes might be missing.

+1 Added my wish!!

Just saw this new plug in available for beta testing. I'll give it a try because it looks like it may track tv episodes.

New Plugin Announcement: follw.it (beta)

• It has a schedule feature on the website, so I guess it would be possible to pull the data from there… – adgrimes almost 3 years ago
  • Perhaps you should post the request on the follw.it thread, since it’s in beta it might be something the dev would consider. – daavid almost 3 years ago
  • Looks like Travis is already considering the schedule functionality! :) follw.it pluginRiccardo almost 3 years ago

That’s got my wish. Would make my life a easier.

Get EBR over here, he makes dreams like this come true – this would be a super plugin. Ebr, we need you!!!!

• Sorry, but this is top priority: Performanceebr almost 3 years ago
  • Can’t really argue with with better performance, is this project something you would think about implementing in the feature? – ksullivan86 almost 3 years ago
  • Possibly, but no promises. – ebr almost 3 years ago

Pulled a wish off one of my plugin requests for this… I'd LOVE to see this happen… Up to 21 supporters now!

I added a wish to it! :) Wonder where the metadata would come from to find out if the show is cancelled?

Placeholders are a good idea. Or when the next episode will air. I know that wikipedia has the information on shows and air times, but who trusts wikipedia?

• Never thought about air time. Might be harder to do with people living in different countries. – gillmacca almost 3 years ago
  • I think TheTVDB shows you if its cancelled… The application SickBeard pulls its information from TheTVDB.com and that knows whether a show is cancelled or not… – adgrimes almost 3 years ago
  • At least maybe have the date that the next episode airs… Again, SickBeard is able to view this information, I believe it pulls this info from TheTVDB… – adgrimes almost 3 years ago

This has got my wish, what a great idea!

Lets keep this going… adding the feature would bring so much more to mediabrowser

• Modified:almost 3 years ago

+1 from me too…
This would be AWESOME… No more wishes at present, but would definitely add one to this if I had another…

thetvdb.com gives you this info…

Really good idea, particularly treasons placeholder idea… would be a godsend for the completists amongst us….

I'd like to see this as well. I have missed episodes a couple of times, and got confused when watching the episode, until I realised I had missed one

How did I miss this, would be great idea if possible.

1 2